• Romaine Lettuce
• Just green/red leaf lettuce
• Spinach leaves
• Mustard greens
• Beet greens
• Sliced apples, raisins, sunflower seeds, shredded carrots with lemon poppy seed dressing or honey mustard vinaigrette.
• Baked tofu – Slice block into 1” layers. Soak in Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, garlic powder, basil and bake for 45 minutes to an hour at 325 degrees (until browned and little dried out.)
• Sautéed veggies in water (just enough so veggies don’t burn) add spices – oregano, basil, garlic, onions.
• Steamed onions, green beans, garlic or mushrooms in a few drops of sesame oil, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos.
• Beets cooked, cooled, with steamed broccoli, scallions, shredded carrots with oil and vinegar (balsamic vinegar)
• Apple cider vinegar with flax oil
• Rice vinegar and olive oil
• Lemon juice and olive or flax oil
• Add spices: garlic crushed, onion flakes, basil, kelp, parsley flakes, celery flakes etc. Whatever combo of spices you can come up with to add zest, newness, etc.
• WHOLE GRAIN CEREAL
1 Cup cooked Quinoa or cooked brown rice cereal *
1 Cup soy milk
1/3 cup fresh raspberries
1 tsp. flax seed oil
*Cook ½ cup grain in 1 cup water 15-20 min. until done
Add oil and stir well. Add berries and milk.
Slice one small apple and one small pear into a bowl.
Add ¼ cup fresh strawberries and ¼ cup fresh blueberries
Cover with ½ cup soy yogurt
Top with 1 TBS. chopped almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, walnuts or pumpkin seeds (soaked and roasted first).
RICE ‘N’ BEANS CHICKEN
• ½ cup vegetarian refried beans
• ½ cup cooked brown rice
• 2 oz. Cooked fresh white chicken meat
• Chopped cilantro and green onions to taste
Heat and mix beans, rice and meat. Garnish with cilantro and green onions to taste.
STIR-FRY VEGETABLES AND CHICKEN
• 1 tsp. sesame oil
• ½ cup each: broccoli, cauliflower, snow peas, onion
• ¼ cup mung bean sprouts
• 3 oz. cooked, skinless boneless chicken pieces.
Heat oil in non-stick skillet. Add chicken, stirring quickly. Heat through. Add vegetable and then bean sprouts just before removing from heat. Remove from heat and toss in freshly chopped basil. Serve with cooked rice. Add one tsp. flax oil and wheat-free tamari to taste upon completion of cooking.
NUTTY BROWN RICE
* 1-cup blend of wild and brown rice cooked
* 1 TBS. of chopped pecans
* 1 tsp. of walnut oil
Combine ½ cup of brown and ½ wild rice in a saucepan. Add 2 ½ cups water, bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 45 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove the one-cup portion and store for another meal. Sauté pecans in walnut oil, gently fold into the cooked brown rice.
Enjoy these Cleansing Recipes